Grow your business profitably with real-time management reporting and financial modelling
As useful as a chocolate fireguard
There is no doubt that annual financial statements are important (and of course, they are compulsory). But they suffer from a big problem…
By the time they are finalized and available it is often many months since the end of a financial accounting period (and some of the earlier transactions were carried out well over a year ago). In other words, they are out of date.
They are of no use for making timely business decisions in real time.
As a business tool for making the best decisions annual financial statements are about as useful as a chocolate fireguard (or as someone once said, “As useful as an ash tray on a motorbike”).
It’s so frustrating…
Here are some of the frustrations we hear from business owners:
- Financial statements are hard to read and interpret. Business owners often tell us, “Although I know my business, I don’t understand the numbers.”
- It’s hard to make spending decisions, or business growth decisions. Business owners tell us it “Feels like trial and error.”
- Planning seems like a good idea, but “I don’t know how to do it in a way that will help my business."
- “I know I need to set goals and monitor progress, but I don’t know how, and I don’t have time.”
- “I need a lender-ready business plan, but I don’t know what format to use.”
An all-too-common story
Many businesses fail. And most failures are due to running out of money. This even happens to businesses that, on the surface, are making a profit. It can sometimes happen despite growth. Growing too fast – sometimes referred to as over-trading – can lead to cash shortages and failure.
This happens because there is a difference between profit and cash.
Have you ever felt…?
- You’re working too hard, and too many hours?
- Your business isn’t growing the way you want?
- You’re not making enough money?
- Your business isn’t as fun as it used to be?
If so, don’t worry. You’re not alone.
Whatever your business, you will find one of our Management Reporting bundles to suit your needs. Some of the services we can do for you:
- Initial set up, business review meetings and access to support
- Summary management reporting
- Full periodical management reporting
- Financial dashboard
- Dedicated account manager
- Benchmark metrics for your business
- Accounts receivable monitoring
- Expense monitoring and advice
To find out more fill out our needs assessment and book and appointment